Political Science and Public Administration
You’ll develop the cultural awareness and critical thinking skills you need to analyze and produce a broad range of discourse in a full spectrum of careers — and to make a difference in whatever you do.
The Political Science and Public Administration study programme of Dardania College is a study program which enables the professional development and practical training of students in the field of Political Science and Public Administration. This study programme through teaching, practical work and research aims to develop staff capable of their work and commitment to contribute to sustainable and creative development in the living environment.
The Political Science and Public Administration study programme also aims to create competent professional staff, comparable to the countries of the European Higher Education Area, who will be able to meet the above requirements in the context of the development of economic and political life, social and cultural development in Kosovo.
The aim of the study programme of Political Science and Public Administration of Dardania College is to prepare students for careers that would be beneficial to them at their post-university education, leading and administrative positions, and the public service. For this reason, the staff of the study programme Political Science and Public Administration, same as the entire Dardania College, is comitted to fulfilling the goal of successful transfer of knowledge and experience of teachers to students, as well as to train them for professional-scientific research that would make them able to create, articulate and develop their own ideas and contributions, as well as for their studies in this study programme to become an entrance to their eternal life capabilities.
Learning outcomes of the program are defined in accordance with the NQF (National Qualifications Framework) and are therefore determined to be in line with the Framework for Qualifications of the European Higher Education Area.
The expected results of the Political Science and Public Administration study programme are:
- Have knowledge and skills from political science as a necessary basis for acknowledging public administration processes;
- Demonstrate a critical and integrative understanding of the relationship between theory, research and good practice;
- Possess a range of practices and consultancy skills appropriate to the field of political science and public administration;
- Assess key ethical and business issues in professional practice in organizational psychology;
- To be equipped with advanced research skills such as designing, conducting and executing research projects;
- Be able to use the knowledge and evidence gathered from research projects to inform their application of the problems that arise in work environments;
- Communicate professionally in academic, professional and commercial environments;
- Have confidence in their knowledge that they can operate in complex and unfamiliar contexts by applying flexible, creative knowledge, and generating transformational solutions.
Political Science and Public Administration study programme is accredited by the Kosovo Accreditation Agency.
|Semester 1||ECTS Credits||Mandatory/Elective|
|Introduction to Political Science||6||Mandatory|
|English Language I||6||Mandatory|
|Semester 2||ECTS Credits||Mandatory/Elective|
|Introduction to Public Administration||7||Mandatory|
|Introduction to Sociology||5||Mandatory|
|Basics of Statistics||6||Mandatory|
|Semester 3||ECTS Credits||Mandatory/Elective|
|Introduction to International Relations||7||Mandatory|
|Policy Analysis and Planning||7||Mandatory|
|Semester 4||ECTS Credits||Mandatory/Elective|
|Economic Systems and Economic Policies||6||Mandatory|
|Administrative Law and Procedure||7||Mandatory|
|Semester 5||ECTS Credits||Mandatory/Elective|
|European Union’s Policy and Institutions||6||Mandatory|
|Theory and Practice of National Central Administration||7||Mandatory|
|Administration of Public Services||7||Mandatory|
|Semester 6||ECTS Credits||Mandatory/Elective|
|Management of Public Institutions||7||Mandatory|
|Theories of the Nation and Nationalism||7||Mandatory|
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.