Social Care and Welfare
You’ll develop the cultural awareness and critical thinking skills you need to analyze and produce a broad range of discourse in a full spectrum of careers — and to make a difference in whatever you do.
The mission of the study programme Social Care and Welfare at the Bachelor level in general is to educate qualified professionals who will be able to practice their future profession as well as further pursue their academic interests. This is in full accordance with the mission of Dardania College. The importance of the programme stems from the new reality created in Kosovo. The mission of the programme is to develop and disseminate knowledge through education, to promote the specific values of care, welfare, social, individual, family and the wider community of Kosovo and beyond. This study programme pays special attention to specific categories of the population with economic and other existential needs.
Social Care and Welfare study programme contains courses in the field of psychology, sociology, pedagogy, etc. which make it multidisciplinary and applicable to the overall training of staff in care and social welfare. It prepares competent social workers, with profiled knowledge and skills, with high professional ethics for care and social work, to demonstrate a willingness to care for different social categories of society.
The primary goal of the entire educational activity at Dardania College is for students to be systematically trained in academic, professional and practical fields.
Learning outcomes of the programme are defined in accordance with the NQF (National Qualifications Framework) and are therefore determined to be in line with the Framework for Qualifications of the European Higher Education Area.
Upon completion of studies in BA Social Care and Welfare, students will be able to:
- Have knowledge and skills in psychology, sociology, pedagogy and other fields close to the field of social care and welfare, including designing and using tools for context analysis and improving internship practices in the social workplace;
- Demonstrate a critical and integrative understanding of the relationship between theory, research and good practice;
- Possess a range of practices as well as appropriate consulting skills in the field of social care and welfare;
- Assess key ethical issues of legal and social work in professional practice in social care and welfare;
- Be equipped with advanced research skills such as designing, conducting and executing research projects;
- Be able to use the knowledge and evidence gathered from research projects to inform their application to problems that arise in the workplace;
- Communicate professionally in academic and professional settings;
- Have confidence in their knowledge to be able to operate in complex and unfamiliar contexts, through the application of flexible, creative knowledge, and the generation of transformative solutions.
Social Care and Welfare study programme is accredited by the Kosovo Accreditation Agency.
|Semester 1||ECTS Credits||Mandatory/ Elective|
|Introduction in the Field of Social Work||7||Mandatory|
|Introduction in Psychology||6||Mandatory|
|Introduction in Social Policy||7||Mandatory|
|English Language I||5||Mandatory|
|Semester 2||ECTS Credits||Mandatory/ Elective|
|Fields of Social Care and Welfare||7||Mandatory|
|English Language II||6||Mandatory|
|Contemporary Theoretical Models in Care and Social Work||5||Mandatory|
|Semester 3||ECTS Credits||Mandatory/ Elective|
|Care and Social Work with Children and Youth||6||Mandatory|
|Care and Social Work with People with Deviant Behavior||7||Mandatory|
|Semester 4||ECTS Credits||Mandatory/ Elective|
|Social Work in Community||7||Mandatory|
|Care and Social Work with People with Special Needs||7||Mandatory|
|Legislation in Social Work||6||Mandatory|
|Semester 5||ECTS Credits||Mandatory/ Elective|
|Work with Cases||7||Mandatory|
|Reeducation and Resocialization||7||Mandatory|
|Research Methodology in Social Work||6||Mandatory|
|Semester 6||ECTS Credits||Mandatory/ Elective|
|Social Care with Third Age People||6||Mandatory|
|Diploma Paper Work||6||Mandatory|
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.